Applying to the Full-Time MBA Program
Applications are accepted for the Full-Time MBA Program on a continuous basis for fall semester admission. However, space is limited so we encourage you to apply as early as possible, preferably by the deadlines listed below. For questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priority Admission - February 28 | General Admission - May 30 | Final Admission - July 30
The following steps describe the admission process.
- Complete an official University of Iowa application. This application requires the submission of the following items:
- University of Iowa application: Complete the online application. Choose Create An Account on the right hand side. Select MBA as the program type and CIMBA Italy MBA as the program. Once you enter the portal, you will complete the my profile section. In the Enrollment Information section at the bottom, select either Full-time (1-year) or Part-time (2-year) for the admission type. (Campus Life Coordinator applicants should select Part-time)
- Application fee: Prior to final submission of the online application, you will pay a non-refundable application fee to the University of Iowa. The application fee is US$60 for US citizens and US$100 for non-US citizens. This fee must be paid by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- Official transcripts: We are able to review your application and make an admission decision using unofficial, digitally duplicated copies of your transcripts submitted within the online application. If you are admitted, you will be required to submit your official transcripts by the end of the first semester you are enrolled.
- Resume: Your resume is uploaded as part of the online application. It should describe items you believe would be of particular interest to the Admission Committee. Suggested items include employment summary (job titles, detailed position responsibilities, company names, employment dates with months/years), education including graduation dates (month/year), and extracurricular and/or community activities.
- A GMAT or GRE score: We accept either the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for admission, and no matter which test you take, you must have an official score report sent to CIMBA. Test scores are valid for up to five years after the test date.
- GMAT: When you complete the exam, you need to send an official score report to us by selecting the University of Iowa CIMBA MBA program during the exam. If you have already completed the exam, request to have a score report sent to the CIMBA program by following the instructions at MBA.com.
- GRE: Start at the ETS-GRE Score Reporting website and request that a score report be sent to us. The University of Iowa institution code is 6681 and the CIMBA department code is 4201 (Business Administration and Management).
- Essays: The essay response are uploaded as part of the online application. There is no minimum or maximum length to the essays; quality is more critical than quantity.
- Once your personal profile, resume, and transcript sections are completed, the admission committee will review the application.
- If you meet the criteria, you will be invited to complete an evaluative interview with the Director and/or CIMBA staff.
- After the interview, if you are considered admissible, you will be complete the rest of the application, if you have not already done so.
- Once all materials have been submitted, you will receive an admission decision via email and acceptance materials to complete.
Introduce yourself so that we can provide you with targeted opportunities available for CIMBA MBAs.